Prof. Dr. Nevzat Tarhan: "There are lessons we can learn from the pandemic"
Üsküdar University Founding Rector, Psychiatrist Prof. Dr. Nevzat Tarhan, in the opening speech of the congress, especially touched on the effects of the pandemic process and gave messages about what messages can be drawn from the pandemic in the Islamic world. Prof. Dr. Nevzat Tarhan said, “As you know, Allah Almighty speaks to people constantly… Allah talks in the language of the event. We already know that this pandemic is not accidental. If we can understand these events correctly, we will learn the right lessons, correct our mistakes, and continue on our way. The pandemic have formed a sense of fear in people. There is no physical and psychological comfort, people's freedom is restricted. Now everyone cannot hug their children, cannot touch his hand, his mouth, his face. There is no fast way of living like before. Modern people who are in pursuit of pleasure have lost all of this. On the one hand, the Islamic world is now sad about the Kaaba. Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, Al-Aqsa Mosque and Süleymaniye Mosque are sad. People are not able to visit there. Hagia Sophia was opened, it is a great service, but it is the same. We cannot go there as we wish. People got lonely"
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Zelka: "Islamic countries should establish a union"
Stating that the total cost of wars, conflicts, terrorist incidents and acts of violence to the global economy was calculated as 14.1 trillion dollars in 2018, Prof. Dr. Mehmet Zelka drew attention to the fact that defense expenditures in Middle Eastern countries alone have been close to 12 trillion dollars in the last 20 years. Stating that Islamic countries should form a union, Prof. Dr. Mehmet Zelka said, "Islamic countries form a union and go into a joint defense and security structure within this union, the formation of the Ministry of Defense, the establishment of defense presidencies in the countries, the establishment of the necessary institutional structure within this structure from a center to be determined, By holding regular and periodic meetings, it is only possible to reduce tension, disagreements and foreign interventions by determining and implementing common defense and security policies, and thereby increasing security and establishing an atmosphere of peace”.
Adnan Tanrıverdi: "It is aimed to present a model with ASSAM Congresses"
ASSAM President of Board of Directors Adnan Tanrıverdi shared information about the congress, which was held for the fourth time this year, in his opening speech. Touching on three congresses held in the past years, Tanrıverdi stated that the congress is a community initiative and said, “Our aim is to present a model for decision-makers. The purpose of this congress is to determine the procedures and principles of the common defense system to be established in the 9 federal regions affiliated to the Confederation and the national states affiliated to these federal regions with the common defense system to be carried out in the Confederation Center. Islamic countries, 61 of the 193 states that are members of the United Nations organization are Muslim countries. 1.85 billion of the 7 billion 632 million world population consists of the people of the Muslim state countries. 30.9 million square kilometers of the land of the world, which is the total 150 million square kilometers, are the lands of Islamic countries. ASSAM tries to put forward a term opposite to Eurasia by saying "Asrica continents" representing Asia and Africa, the backbone of the Islamic geography. In other words, we are trying to determine Asia and Africa unity”.
Adnan Tanrıverdi: "ASRICA is a candidate to be the superpower of the future"
Drawing attention to the richness of the resources of the Islamic geography, Adnan Tanrıverdi said, “The Islamic geography has 55.5 percent of the world's oil reserves, 65 percent of its production, 64.1 percent of natural gas reserves, 40 percent of its production, it has a potential power, which is candidate to be the superpower of the future in the Eurasian geography, by combining its opportunities, efforts and goals with its geopolitical position is the historical accumulation of common civilization values. However, the Islamic world is the most intervened countries in this land and the countries that occupy the agenda of United Nations the most. These are the countries where terrorism and anarchy are not lacking in their territory, whose resources are managed by foreign powers, where human rights and freedoms are violated, where income distribution is corrupt, where political, social and economic instability prevails, and who demand and need the help and support of external power centers to solve their internal problems”.
Adnan Tanrıverdi stated that the purpose of the congresses, which was held in a series, was to ensure that the institutions required for the gathering of Islamic countries under a will and to reveal the legislation that these institutions should have as a model. We carried out the main subject of the first international ASSAM congresses in 2017 as the determination of the government bodies and legislation for the Islamic Union, the second one in 2018, the determination of the economic cooperation principles and procedures for the union from Istanbul, and the third is defense industry cooperation principles and procedures in 2019.
Adnan Tanrıverdi: "An ideal model will be revealed for the Confederation of ASRICA Islamic Countries"
Adnan Tanrıverdi also touched upon the activities to be carried out at the 4th International ASSAM Islamic Union Congress titled "ASRICA Confederation Defense System".
“The purpose of this congress is to determine the procedures and principles of the common defense system to be established in the 9 federal regions (conceived) affiliated to the Confederation and the national states affiliated to these federal regions with the common defense system to be carried out in the Confederation Center. In the congress, the evaluation of the geopolitical situation of ASRICA Islamic countries, the defense organizations of global powers and their activities in Islamic countries, the military bases of global powers, private military companies, the organizations and proxy wars they use, and the defense organizations of the Islamic countries will be examined. In addition, the military forces of Islamic countries (Land-Navy-Air-Air Defense-Special Forces-Cyber Aviation-Space Forces), the origin of warfare weapons in the inventories of Islamic countries, as well as the defense organization of the Ottoman period, the examination of the defense alliances in the world, the Confederation of the ASRICA Islamic countries, ideal defense organization, regional defense organizations of the Confederation Ministry of Defense, defense organizations under the confederation ministry of defense of the national states will be processed, examined and evaluated, and an ideal model for the ASRICA Islamic Countries Confederation will be revealed at the end of the congress. Subsequently, we aim to put forward a model that will bring Islamic countries under a will by the end of 2023 by discussing issues related to common foreign policy and also common justice system in the next years, and common assistance and security issues in the following year in 2023."
Speaking at the opening session moderated by ASSAM Vice Chairman Ersan Ergür, Kütahya Dumlupınar University Rector Prof. Dr. Kazım Uysal thanked the organizers and participants of the congress, pointing out the importance of unity and solidarity in the Islamic world. Secretary General of the Union of Non-Governmental Organizations of the Islamic World Atty. Ali Kurt stated that all Muslims in the world should be in unity and solidarity in the face of injustice and that it is a necessity for them to cooperate. Azerbaijani Ruling Party MP, President Energy Policy Advisor Prof. Dr. Elman Nesirov also thanked Turkey for their great support in the fight of Azerbaijan, especially in the rescue of Karabakh...
- ASSAM President of Board of Directors, Retd. General Adnan Tanrıverdi / ASRICA Islamic States Union Defense Organization (Draft Model)
- QATAR - Prof. Dr. Ali Karadaği / Fundamentals and Principles of Defense Cooperation for the Islamic Union
- MALAYSIA - Sheila Yousuf / Researching the Worldwide Defense Alliances NATO; Commonwealth of Independent States; EU Defense and African Union Defense Organization
- JERUSALEM BANGLADESH - Wisam A. Samarah,A.F. M. Ataur Rahman / Defense Expense, Economic Growth and a Stable Islamic World
- Asım Öztürk / The Importance of the African Union in the Context of Collective Defense for the Islamic Union
- CHAD - Dr. Ahmed Ojley Abdülvahid / Military Bases in Islamic Countries (Chad)
- BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Admir Mulaosmanović / An Ideal Defense Organization Model for the ASRICA Confederation "ASRICA Quick Reaction Forces"
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mehmet Naci Efe / Defense Industry Analysis of Islamic Countries and Policies to Be Created
- IRAQ Hossam Rashid Hadi Al-Rubaie / Towards the Geopolitical Theory of the Islamic World
- EGYPT - Sahar Zaki Kabel / Political Geography of Islamic Countries
- İbrahim Karataş / An Analysis on the Necessity of the Cooperation of Islamic Countries in the Production of Indigenous Weapons
- Fehmi Ağca / Defense Organization and Management in the Ottoman Empire
- NIGER - Mansour Elh Amani / The Global Powers in Defense Organizations (USA, Russia, China, England, France) and Activities in Islamic Countries
- Dr. Mehmet Zelka, Prof. Dr. Cengiz Toraman, Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Altay / Organizational Structures in Military Organizations in the Information Age: Suggestions from the Management-Organization Perspective
- Mehmet Emin Koçak / Special Forces Standard and Cooperation Among Islamic States for the Islamic Union
- Asım Öztürk / Islamic Union Transregional Collective Defense Architecture in the Context of Collective Defense
- EGYPT – Dr. Muhtar Elaşri / Geopolitical Assessment of the ASRICA Islamic Countries
- Oğuzhan Akyener / Effects of Climate Change on International Security Policies and the Islamic World
- Dr. Yakup Bulut, Dr. Soner Akın / Defense Policy of the African Union Organization and Cooperation with the EU
- Ersan Ergür / Examining Defense Alliances Around the World; NATO
- PAKISTAN – Shadid Hashmat / Examining NATO as a Political and Defense Alliance
- USA - Dr. Ghulam Nabi Faiassam / Global Peace and Conflict Resolution: A Kashmir Case
- Levent Kenar / Coronavirus and Biological Weapons Threat to the Islamic World
- Burkina Faso – Dr. Compoure Boukary / Determination of Common Defense System Procedures and Principles for the Islamic Union
- Fehmi Ağca / Turkey's Territorial Waters and Continental Shelf rights in the Aegean Sea and Eastern Mediterranean within the framework of International Law
- TRNC - Assistant Professor Emete Gözügüzelli / Blue Diplomacy Between Turkey and Islamic Countries (Legal Rights in the Turkish Seas and Eastern Mediterranean)
- ASSAM Vice President (Retd.) Colonel Ali Coşar / The Effects of New Conditions on War Doctrines and Concepts "The Need for Renewal of the Law of War"
- Adnan Tanrıverdi / Results Evaluation Session (Moderator Prof. Dr. Mehmet Zelka)